Education: 1999 – 2005 M.F.A – National Academy of Arts – Graphic Department, Sofia.
2016 – Assistant Professor at National Academy of Arts – Graphic Department.
2016 – Selected and appointed from China National Arts Fund and China Printmaking Museum as a
Professor at Training Course of National Print Technicians (15 selected Assistants from different academies) Guanlan, – 2018 Curator of Contemporary Bulgarian Printmaking Exhibition at China Printmaking Museum, Shenzhen. Shenzhen; 2007 – Member of the Union of Bulgarian Artists
Contemporary Bulgarian Print Exhibitions:
China Printmaking Museum, Shenzhen; Ateneo de Madrid Gallery, Madrid, Spain, 2014;
Art Salon Sarria, Spain, 2008; Graphic Museum Shreiner, Bad Steben, Germany, 2007;
KaadeKUNST Gallery, Amsterdam, 2007; Kunstlerhous, Vienna, Austria, 2006;
International Modern and Contemporary Art Fair- MIART Milano, Italy,2006;
Kyoto, Tokushima, Tokyo, Japan, 2003 and others.
18 Solo Exhibitions in Bulgaria, Japan, USA, Austria, Serbia;
– China Printmaking Museum, Shenzhen, 2017;
– Rakursi Art Gallery, Sofia, Bulgaria, 2016; Epreuve d’Artiste Gallery, Antwerp, Belgium, 2014;
Print Biennials and Triennials: Tokyo, Kochi, Guanlan, Lodz, Cremona, Beijing, Awagami, Lingshi, Grenchen, Vancouver, Sint Niklaas, Veles, Bitola, Varna, Sofia and others.
More than 15 Graphic Awards on domestic and International Print Competitions
– Jean Couy Prize on 8th International Biennale de l’Estampe, France 2017;
– Award for the best print on International Biennial Sint-Niklaas- Belgium , 2013 – Grand Prix- Biennial International Miniature Print Exhibition- BIMPE VI, Vancouver, Canada, 2010;
– Honorary Medal – 13th International Triennial of Small Graphic Forms, Poland- Lodz, 2008;
– Union of Bulgarian Artists Award on National Mini Print Exhibition 2001 and others.
Public Collections: Plantin Moretus Museum Antwerp, Belgium; Sakima Art Museum, Japan;
The National Art Museum of China – NAMOK, Beijing; China Printmaking Museum, Shenzhen;
CIVIC Museum Cremona, Italy; Guanlan Original Printmaking Base, China;
The Municipal Art Gallery in Lodz; Bulgaria’s National Gallery; Republic of Bulgaria Institute for Culture, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and others.
Artist-in-Residence: Guanlan, Tianjin, China; Venice, Italy; Tokyo, Japan; Paris, France; Vienna, Austria.
Harmony in nature, the depth of space, man’s feeling of a connection with these are the states I explore. I choose etching as a technique since it gives birth to both darkness and light.
Moonlight reflections, etching, aquatint, 72/30, 2016 Moonlight reflections, etching, aquatint, 72/30, 2016